Blogs are among the best website tools you can utilize to direct traffic to your website.
- Like your website, your blog's design is important - they should compliment each other
- Blogs increase SEOs, meaning they help visitors find you.
- They give you a chance to show newcomers your expertise. (You have plenty; more about that later.)
- They remind those who already know you that you’re pretty darn smart.
- They are extremely easy to update.
Most blogs contain information that a potential customer would find of value. You write about that topic, and those who are interested in it (and “google” it) are likely to find you. Then your brilliance blows them away, and they click to your home page and hand over their credit card information (or take whatever action you’re after).
About that expertise … You do have it. Think of the questions customers ask about your business. Turn answers to those questions into a “posting” of a few hundred words and you’re ready to go. Combine a few questions and you can create a list of tips.
It’s worth the effort. Blogs help visitors find you in two key ways. First, the words you use show up in searches. Second, simply updating the blog has SEO implications. (Search engines like fresh content.)
The trick is keeping your blog updated. Not updating can do more than hurt SEOs: It can make you look bad. (One blog we came across recently discussed the housing “boom” in Florida, long after that state had become the epicenter of the mortgage meltdown.)
Updating means you or someone at your business has to write. Yes, that takes time. But there are two ways to accomplish this:
1. Planning. Most blogs gather cobwebs because the writer doesn’t know where to start. If you have a schedule and stick to it, you’ll be OK. If your staff spends time planning, the actual updating is much more likely to occur. (Comstar can help with your planning sessions.)
2. Hire a writer. We can provide this service. We’ll turn your expertise into real, live blogs—and can even post the updates if you like. You’ll have the benefits without the hassle.
And what do you get out of it?
- Greater loyalty among your clients
- Relationship building with prospects
- More traffic to your website, which means more potential buyers
- Recognition as an expert in your industry
It’s worth the effort. Call Comstar at 262.953.6000 and be prepared to enter the blogosphere. Sounds impressive, doesn’t it? Do this right and your new clients will agree.